Thursday, October 21, 2010

lost and found

Let me just start by saying Sunday afternoon I thought this picture would be the next face that you were going to see on missing poster, news flash, milk carton........
 
Sunday afternoons at our house always consist of a nice nap.
The babies know this and Watkins was not happy about the 
nap he was soon to take.
 
I was in our bedroom and told JD to send the babies back, so we could nap.
Phelps came on back, and Watkins did not.
JD started calling for him, and there was no answer.  
Then JD, LJ and me all started calling and looking.  We looked outside, in closets, under beds, and at the neighbors' houses.  
NO WATKINS!!!

p.a.n.i.c.

JD hopped in his truck to look and I started knocking on doors asking if anyone had seen him.
After 30 MINUTES of searching and NO WATKINS, I called JD and told him it was time to call the police.

5 minutes later, police cars, questions about him, and I just kept thinking about his sweet face, personality, and just my baby boy. 
I continued knocking on doors and was 3 streets over when I heard people calling 
my name.
 
Our little man was found.  Where had he been you ask?
His momma and daddy's closet under clothes and in a suitcase.

JD made him explain to the police why he had hid.
What did he say?
"I did not want to take a nap today."

That answer, seeing his sweet face, and then the nice long nap I had
snuggled up to my Watkins was one of the best afternoons in a long time.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh!!!! i bet you were FREAKING OUT!!! i enjoy seeing him and phelps at school everyday!

    ReplyDelete