Wednesday, January 13, 2010

a new plan

our little man has had a cough since before Christmas. YUCK!!

I took him to the doctor twice over the break, they assured me
it was his allergies - BUT gave me an antibiotic and a strong cough
medicine. They just didn't seem to work!


Poor baby just coughed and coughed at least 2 times every 15 minutes.

we called his allergy doctor in Jackson on Monday and she was SO alarmed she wanted
me there at 2 the same day!
I panicked - for the obvious reason BUT also because JD was in D.C!
I drove all the way to Jackson holding back tears, and probably would
have cried the whole way but Ashleigh insisted on riding with me, so
I was able to hold it together a little better.
I had myself convinced we were going to end up here...........
his lungs were CLEAR and the doctor came up with a new plan to
get him back on track.
Thank goodness!
this is what the little man takes each day -
NEW
4 breathing treatments
med for reflux
PLUS the OLD
nasonex
spacer with inhaler twice a day
zyrtec

His own little medicine cabinet! :(

here is the little man with his breathing machine.
he does great job, BUT today he was really embarrassed about doing at school.
thankfully, they let JD give it to him in the teacher workroom.

we spent Tuesday at home getting used to our new treatment
plan and resting..............
such a sweet thing!
he fell asleep watching his movies he picked out on his very on.
too CUTE!

our fingers are crossed and prayers are said daily that our little man gets
these allergies and coughing asthma under control before we head back to
Jackson in a month!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. We have to do all of the above on a regular basis. I hope Watkins grows out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the regimen for one year and now we are off all meds and have not been sick in one year and 2 months!!! praying for watkins to grow out of it too!!!

    ReplyDelete