Friday, January 29, 2010

that's our daddy!

Starkville Community Market founders Jeremiah Dumas and Tammy Tyndall Carlisle were honored with the T.E. Veitch Community Service Award at the banquet.

We are VERY proud of our daddy!

He was totally surprised about the community service award last night.

I have to say I knew, but only because I think they were afraid we were not going to come because Watkins has been sick.

His speech consisted of lots of smiling, and then confessing he was speechless! I think that was a first! When he said that the audience rolled with laughter!

Regardless, we are VERY proud of him working hard to make Starkville better.

Thank you - JD - we love you!

(stole the above picture from the paper - at least I am confessing)

1 comment:

  1. congrats to him! my dad got that award several years ago... (maybe 15 years ago?) and i remember how proud my sisters and i were of him!

    what an honor!

    ReplyDelete