Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 3 (yes, I am still doing this)

My First Love

Jeremiah Percy Dumas became my boyfriend when I was in the 7th grade.  Yes, the same man I am married to today.  I know it might seem weird to some to think of only having 1 boyfriend throughout junior high, high school, and college but honestly I could not imagine it any other way.  I think the best part of it all if just growing up with him by my side and all the memories we have together.  I can honestly say no one knows me better than my one and only.

Our Wedding Day
11.5 years ago

yes, we look like babies.

some questions you might want the answer to.

did we ever break up?
yes, one summer and another time for a couple of months

best memory growing up with JD?
there are several so here is a run down of a few. 

1 - the first time he came to my house (he was 13) was for Sunday lunch.  my mom made jello with some fruit in it.  JD had just learned that jello was made with horse hooves and despised it.
did he eat?  well of course, gagging the whole time!  sweet boy.  he reminds my mom of that still today.
2 -  JD was quite the little slugger in baseball, and my parents drove me to just about every one of his baseball games.  I gave him a Gatorade for every homerun he made.  One time he needed 4 in one game, told you he was quite the player!
3 - JD sending me on a scavenger hunt for my b-day present in 9th grade.  What was it?  The hottest item at the time - Timberland Boots.
4 - JD's brother is a joker to say the least.  I was in the 7th grade when I went to JD's house for the first time, so a little shy and nervous to say the least.  His brother was so sweet to leave out a magazine open on the table with girls in their unmentionables, so I could see it and then accused JD of leaving out the magazine.  Not to mention he called me Heather the whole night on purpose, saying "Whoops, that was last week's girl!"  Yes, he still refers to me as that today.
5 - I wrote him a poem every football Friday telling him he was the best and how to beat the other team.  We still have a few of those, so funny to read.

our first kiss?
homecoming dance

well, I could go on and on BUT the final fact is that I would not trade my first and only true love for anything.  yes, we have ups and downs, laughs and fights, smiles and frowns but there is no one else for me. 

I love you JD.

yes, I will try to keep up with this blog challenge.
it is tuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment