Jeremiah Percy Dumas became my boyfriend when I was in the 7th grade. Yes, the same man I am married to today. I know it might seem weird to some to think of only having 1 boyfriend throughout junior high, high school, and college but honestly I could not imagine it any other way. I think the best part of it all if just growing up with him by my side and all the memories we have together. I can honestly say no one knows me better than my one and only.
Our Wedding Day
11.5 years ago
yes, we look like babies.
some questions you might want the answer to.
did we ever break up?
yes, one summer and another time for a couple of months
best memory growing up with JD?
there are several so here is a run down of a few.
1 - the first time he came to my house (he was 13) was for Sunday lunch. my mom made jello with some fruit in it. JD had just learned that jello was made with horse hooves and despised it.
did he eat? well of course, gagging the whole time! sweet boy. he reminds my mom of that still today.
2 - JD was quite the little slugger in baseball, and my parents drove me to just about every one of his baseball games. I gave him a Gatorade for every homerun he made. One time he needed 4 in one game, told you he was quite the player!
3 - JD sending me on a scavenger hunt for my b-day present in 9th grade. What was it? The hottest item at the time - Timberland Boots.
4 - JD's brother is a joker to say the least. I was in the 7th grade when I went to JD's house for the first time, so a little shy and nervous to say the least. His brother was so sweet to leave out a magazine open on the table with girls in their unmentionables, so I could see it and then accused JD of leaving out the magazine. Not to mention he called me Heather the whole night on purpose, saying "Whoops, that was last week's girl!" Yes, he still refers to me as that today.
5 - I wrote him a poem every football Friday telling him he was the best and how to beat the other team. We still have a few of those, so funny to read.
our first kiss?
well, I could go on and on BUT the final fact is that I would not trade my first and only true love for anything. yes, we have ups and downs, laughs and fights, smiles and frowns but there is no one else for me.
I love you JD.
yes, I will try to keep up with this blog challenge.
Day 1 - Introduce, recent picture, and 15 interesting facts
introduce Rebecca Hope Lawson Dumas is my full name. Yes, I go by Hope my middle name. I am the almost 30 (oh, no!) year old mother of 3 sweet girls (Lawson Joy, Katherine, Phelps) and 1 little man (Watkins), and the wife of my sweetheart Jeremiah, that I often refer to as JD. I teach 3rd grade and yes, I LOVE all my 3 graders dearly! I spend my time running around with kiddos, and trying to keep up with the husband. All while working to keep them fed and bathed, our clothes washed, and having a little fun along the way! I absolutely love MSU football and tailgating. And I never could make it without all my fabulous friends!
(sorry it is a re-run, but I don't know exactly how to load pictures on JD's laptop. I will say though it is one of my favorite of late.)
15 iNtErEsTiNg facts
1. I love it when it rains on Sunday afternoon! The absolute best time for a nap.
2. I am a spender and NOT a saver, my husband is trying to change me, and has been for years. Sorry JD. I promise to do better. :) 3. I LOVE diet pepsi! It takes 2 to be exact to get me up and going in the morning. Sad, I know, but I don't drink coffee. Don't judge.
4. JD and I started being boyfriend and girlfriend in the 7th grade. Sweet I know! I love all our memories together growing up. Thanks for sticking around JD - I know it has been hard putting up with me at times. I love you so! 5. I wake up between 4 and 5 every week day. That gives me just a little quiet time before all the kiddos and JD get up and the mad dash starts!
6. I am addicted to "Teen Mom" and "16 and Pregnant." Pitiful.
7. I really like it when things are organized, too bad I am just not good at keeping them that way.
8. I have tons of hair on my head! Yes, my hairdresser (love you, Lindsey) says that over and over again when she cuts my hair. Her exact words, "You have the most hair of anyone I have ever cut." My mom started getting it thinned when I was in the 2nd grade.
9. I aLwAyS knew I wanted to be a mom and teacher. I love my 4 precious babies and all my 3rd grade kiddos!
10. I am loud and love to laugh! surprised??
11. My favorite breakfast food is a bagel, from City Bagel that is toasted and jalapeno Cheddar with pineapple cream cheese. yUm!
12. I am definitely a daddy's girl, and he is a Baptist preacher. BUT to this day if I am sick I want my momma.
13. I am not athletic by any means, but did love cheering in high school. Yes, I could still show you a few moves/cheers if you wanted me to.
14. I lOvE it when my kiddos sleep with me! Something is so sweet about them all cuddled up and peaceful.
15. My most important goal in life is to grow old with JD all while watching our kiddos grow-up to be successful and happy.
stay tuned while I complete this challenge
Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts