Sunday, July 5, 2009

I don't like big butts!

from the Starkville Daily News
Jeremiah Dumas, left, and Grady Dixon place the first half of the top bun on the world’s largest barbecue sandwich as the crowd gathered at State Theatre watches.

Hope Commentary -
Do you see how big that sandwich is?
Want to guess just how big?????
Well - it is a whopping 482 pounds. The "Bistro" in downtown Starkville will now be listed in the Guiness Book of World Records for the largest sandwich ever.
After the market on Saturday, we headed down to the BIstro to help out SYP put on the event. Silly me thought I was being invited to the kitchen to see all the meat piled up and ready to go but I was WRONG. I was quickly given gloves and an apron, and I realized I was brought to the kitchen to pull pork from Boston butts. I pulled pork for 2 1/2 hours. Let me tell you alot of work!
My husband, did he help? Of course, not in the kitchen, but on the stage. He helped put the meat on the bun. Thus, he made the front page of the paper!
Congrats to the Bistro!
Needless to say, I took a major shower to get that smell off of me and then after a nice nap, my husband and I -childless- headed to the Winston's for a nice bar-b-que.
Did I enjoy the ribs? No, they looked good, but I think it is going to be a LONG while before I will be able to enjoy pork.

2 comments: