Sunday, May 31, 2009

LJ Returns and Anniversary Success

Saturday morning after a quick run to the farmer's market, I headed to Oxford to pick up our big girl from camp. I am not that good with directions - even though JD wrote them down and drew a little map, I still managed to get turned around. I was 15 minutes late to pick her up, and I was in a slight panic. I called friends, who managed to get there on time, to tell our sweet girl, "Momma is coming!"
I saw her, she ran to me, and then gave me the BEST hug I have had in a long time! She had a blast, but was happy to her momma!
All packed up and ready to go home!
Showing off her art - a kite.
Best Parts of Camp
#1 THE ZIP LINE!
#2 arts and crafts
#3 "Not spending all my money!" LJ saying proudly.
(a little miss frugal on our hands? daddy proud for sure!)
LJ safe and sound in our car ready to head back to Starkvegas.
Camp Lake Stephens took good care of our baby and gave her lots of fun memories that I am sure will last her a lifetime, so good-bye Camp Lake Stephens and we will see you again next year!
Thank you sweet Viv and Annelise for making the trek to Oxford with me!
Don't know if I would have made it there without you two!
A fun road trip.
You are the sweetest!
Anniversary Success!

I surprised JD and took the kids to Ludlow to my parents' house, so we could have a little time quiet time alone. (Especially QUIET- with the kids and our beloved neighbors gone, what were we going to do?) Well, we headed out for a nice dinner and movie. The dinner was good from Richey's, but the movie was a no go because I could not even keep my eyes open on the way to the theater. Saturday Viv was to the rescue again (twice), she took LJ home with her so JD and I could go to a wedding, politic, and have one more nice dinner alone. We headed to Harvey's for dinner and were able to catch up and actually finish whole conversations! I thought it was a success and a very nice dinner, but maybe our waiter thought different. I think he was a bit confused by us because when it was time to go he asked, "This bill is separate?" Funny, huh?
JD and I laughed, I am sure me - a bit to loud.
We have had a nice quiet weekend and are about to head to Ludlow for church, dinner on the grounds, and lots of hugs and kisses from our kiddos who we can't wait to see!

1 comment:

  1. Glad yall had a great anniversary! Good luck to JD in the election!

    ReplyDelete