Thursday, April 30, 2009

Today on Starkville Now

Letter to the editor: Jeremiah Dumas

April 30, 2009

Dear Ward 5 Friends and Neighbors,

Many of us don’t have an opportunity to choose our hometown. In fact, the idea itself seems a little shaky, but I can answer that timeless question: Yes, you can go home again. After growing up in Starkville, college in Clinton, and a decade-long professional life in Jackson, I came back home to Starkville last fall.

Over the past few months, my family and I have been reconnecting with old friends and getting to know new ones, including Jeremiah Dumas. In personal and professional settings, I have seen Jeremiah exhibit leadership, integrity and a commitment to our community. When he announced his candidacy for alderman, I knew that his intellect, work ethic and passion for service could make a difference in Ward 5 and our city.

My family and I are supporting Jeremiah Dumas for Ward 5 alderman. We hope that you will join us and make a proven, positive and progressive choice May 5.

Jim Laird
100 Copperfield Court
Starkville, MS 39759

No comments:

Post a Comment